All about fitness!

If you're interested in fitness, bodybuilding, loosing weight, wanting to be fit, or just interested in fitness! You came to the right place! Stay in touch with all the latest news! Check out the Blog Archive! :)

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Transformation of the week: Christina Borges

Christina was working long hours and getting sick at the same time. Eventually she had to stop training as a result. See how she got back into it and lost 13 lbs and inches of her waist!


Why I Got Started

In 2005 I started training really hard and got into the best shape of my life. I competed in three figure competitions from 2005-2006 and placed well. After my third competition I decided to take time off from competing, but still maintain my physique.

Before Before
Click Image To Enlarge.
Before My Transformation.

Well work got in the way, I was working well over 50 hours a week, then I got sick, and before I knew it I was out of the gym for 3 months and 16 lbs heavier. This was not like me and I knew I had to get back into the gym. Not only was I heavier, but I was tired all the time. In March 2007 I joined back up to the gym, registered for another competition, and been there everyday since.

Since March 1st my body has transformed tremendously and I feel great. I'm still working crazy hours, but learned that being in shape is a lifestyle and it should be part of my daily routine.

After After
Click Image To Enlarge.
Christina Borges.

I workout random times of the day, but no matter what I make sure I'm there everyday doing cardio and weight training. Once it's all over I feel great! I also make sure to prepare my meals ahead of time and to always have my gym bag packed and ready to go.

After
Click Image To Enlarge.
Christina Borges.


How I Did It

Working 7 days a week required my training schedule to vary. Each morning I pack my gym bag and right from work no matter what time I get out I go straight to the gym. I start with 10 minutes of warming up usually on the treadmill set on a incline.

After After
Click Image To Enlarge.
After My Transformation.

Right from there I do 60 minutes of weight training. I weight train 4 days a week Monday-Thursday. And cardio 6-7 days a week depending on how lean I need to be for a federation. Cardio will vary from 20 minutes to 60 minutes a day. My weekly training schedule looks like this:

  • Monday - Back-Biceps-Abs-Cardio-Stretching
  • Tuesday - Chest-Triceps-Abs-Cardio-Stretching
  • Wednesday - Glutes/Hamstrings/Quads-Abs-Cardio-Stretching
  • Thursday - Shoulders-Calves-Abs-Cardio-Stretching
  • Friday - Cardio-Abs-Stretching
  • Saturday - Cardio-Abs-Stretching
  • Sunday - Rest or Cardio-Abs depending on season

Even though I train abs everyday it varies in exercises, reps, and sets. I make sure to switch it up everyday and not to do the same exercise more than 3 times that week.


Supplements


Sample Week Of Diet

I eat every 2-3 hours 5 meals a day:

  • Meal 1: 4 egg whites or 1/2 cup low fat no sodium cottage cheese, 1/2 cup berries, 1/2 cup quick oats
  • Meal 2: Tossed Salad with Chicken or plain white tuna, olive oil and apple cider vinegar
  • Meal 3: Piece of fruit and 1 tbsp all natural peanut butter
  • Meal 4: Isopure Protein shake with 1 tbsp flax oil
  • Meal 5: 4-6 oz boneless chicken breast or fish, 2 cups green salad, 1 cup steamed broccoli or asparagus or green beans, and 3 oz sweet potato or brown rice with 1 tbsp salsa


Sample Week Workout

Day 1: Back-Biceps-Abs-Cardio-Stretching:

Day 2: Chest-Triceps-Abs-Cardio-Stretching:

Day 3: Glutes/Hamstrings/Quads-Abs-Cardio-Stretching:

Day 4: Shoulders-Calves-Abs-Cardio-Stretching:

Day 5: Cardio-Abs-Stretching (varies)

Day 6: Cardio-Abs-Stretching (varies)

Day 7: Rest or Cardio-Stretching (depending on season)

After
Click Image To Enlarge.
Christina Borges.


Suggestions For Others

If you want to have a nice body you have to work for it, it doesn't come easy and takes a lot of self motivation and discipline. You can get anything you want in life you only work for it. If fitness is important to you, you will make it one of your priorities.

No matter how schedule for day it you find time to train, no matter how much you're craving something bad think about how many hours you put into the gym and think is it really worth it? Not to me!

After
Click Image To Enlarge.
Christina Borges.

No comments: