All about fitness!

If you're interested in fitness, bodybuilding, loosing weight, wanting to be fit, or just interested in fitness! You came to the right place! Stay in touch with all the latest news! Check out the Blog Archive! :)

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Taylor Burford: Transformation Of The Week

Taylor started lifting weights improve his overall strength for baseball. He continued training and became more conscious of proper diet as a bonus. See how he gained 5lbs and lost over 10% body fat right here!

Before Before:
178 lbs
After After:
183 lbs


Vital Stats

Name: Taylor Burford
Email: taylor_burford@yahoo.com
Age: 20
Height: 6'

Before:
Weight: 178 lbs
Waist: 36"
Body Fat: 17%

After:
Weight: 183 lbs
Waist: 31"
Body Fat: 6%


Why I Got Started

I started lifting weights during my senior year in high school to improve my overall strength for baseball. During this time I noticed small changes in the way my body looked, even with the lousy diet that I had.

The first summer after I graduated high school, I got a gym membership at a local gym and continued lifting weights. It was during this time that I became more conscious of dieting properly and having a proper workout regimen.

Before
Click Image To Enlarge.
Taylor Burford.


When/How Long

I started a regular diet and workout routine in August of 2005. I weighed about 178 lbs and my body fat was around 17%. I started going to the gym seven days a week. I would lift five days a week, and play basketball twice a week for my cardio.

I was also doing a lot of long distance running. I lost a lot of body fat during this time, but I wasn't very muscular. I started reading magazines and books about nutrition and weight training with the idea of adding muscle mass.

I used a sample routine from a magazine I read to get me started. As my body composition changed, I got more and more interested in bodybuilding. I shifted my attention from magazines to books with facts and studies about building muscle. I then created a workout plan that was fit for me, and designed my own diet.

I got up to 206 pounds while bulking up. In January of this year I decided to lean out for the summer time. I also heard about a local natural bodybuilding competition around this time, and decided to give it a try.

After
Click Image To Enlarge.
Taylor Burford.


Supplements

When I am leaning out, I choose whole foods over supplements when I can. I would rather eat my calories than drink them. I will use Optimum Nutrition's Pro Complex and 100% Casein Protein. I will also drink several SciVation Xtend BCAA shakes throughout the day. I use Nutrex Lipo 6 to aid in cutting fat. I also drink about 1.5 gallons of water a day.

When I bulk up I like to use several supplements including:

ptimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein


Diet: Cutting

Meal #1

  • 10 Egg whites
  • 1.25 cups cooked oatmeal
  • 2 cups of coffee

Meal #2

  • 6 oz chicken breast
  • 1 grapefruit
  • 1 cup broccoli

Meal #3 (pre workout)

  • 4 oz 96/4 lean ground beef
  • 1 cup brown rice
  • 1 small apple

Meal #4(post workout)

  • 3.5 oz chicken breast
  • 1 scoop ON 100% Whey
  • 1 cup oatmeal
  • 1 scoop Gatorade powder

Meal # 5

  • 6 oz chicken breast
  • 1.5 cups green beans

Meal #6

  • 3.5 oz chicken breast
  • 1 scoop ON Pro Complex
  • 3 oz celery
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter
  • I love grilled chicken breast.

After
Click Image To Enlarge.
Taylor Burford.


Weight Training

Monday: Back, Calves

Tuesday: Legs, Abs

Wednesday: Chest

Thursday: Cardio, Calves

Friday: Biceps, Triceps, Forearms

Saturday: Shoulders, Traps, Abs


Suggestions For Others

Set a personal goal, put your head down and work till you achieve it. Plan ahead with everything including diet, training, work and schoolwork. A training partner with the same interests helps tremendously and can keep you on track. Don't be afraid to take a chance and fail. Avoid pessimistic individuals who try to downgrade your ambitions. Have fun and make the best "YOU" possible.

After
Click Image To Enlarge.
Taylor Burford.

No comments: